Friday fun links. Click away. Read More
Life grim? Perk up. Find a reason to sneak in a little joy.
Browse awhile. Sneak in a smile. Some links for you:
- My weekend plans include a family purge. I know just the place to take it and it might even be good for Halloween threads. As for you non costume bores, go hide somewhere.
- No Mind Will Be Left Unchanged. TED talks have some competition now online:ONION TALKS.
- Fans with tickets to next Tuesday’s Barbra Streisand concert at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre should expect the diva to do some dishing on the upcoming U.S election.
- Winter is coming and the cosiest place in Ontario is here. I’m tempted to forgo Christmas in the city.
- Think healing thoughts for our national story queen Alice Munro who cancelled tonight’s scheduled appearance at the International Festival of Authors. I forgive you Alice. Get better soon. We will keep busy with a slew of great writers coming to Toronto this week.
- Fall means darker weekend mornings so pull up the duvet and get your lit on with some suggested contenders for Canada Reads.
- Still on the smirk: Brit fem hygiene company Bodyforms has responded to some dude’s rant about being lied to about the reality of women’s periods. He’s miffed that “joyous adventurous time” was one big fib. Or so he said on Facebook. Here’s how they responded. Gotta love the Brits.
You’re welcome. Happy Weekend!